Why do you need a license to use the NutriSTEP® questionnaires?
- The NutriSTEP® questionnaires are the products of substantial research and validation; they are copyrighted by the developers.
- In order to protect the integrity of the questionnaires and monitor their use, a formal licencing system has been established.
- This ensures that the questionnaires are used appropriately and clarifies everyone’s rights and liabilities.
- It also facilitates follow-up with users for possible improvements.
What is covered by the license?
- The NutriSTEP® questionnaire for preschoolers is covered by the licence and is available in English, French, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tamil, and Vietnamese.
- The Toddler NutriSTEP® questionnaire is covered by the licence and is available in English, French and Spanish.
How do you acquire a licence?
- Free licences for individuals or organizations to use NutriSTEP® questionnaires are available at Flintbox Technologies.
- Licences for Electronic Medical Record vendors or mobile device providers are available in collaboration with the Catalyst Centre at the University of Guelph. For more information, please contact Janis Randall Simpson at: email@example.com.
- If you wish to modify, adapt or translate the NutriSTEP® questionnaires, agreements must be signed in collaboration with the Catalyst Centre at the University of Guelph. For more information, please contact Janis Randall Simpson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Flintbox?
- Flintbox is an online portal for university technologies.
- University Technology Transfer offices across Canada all use Flintbox to disseminate information about their technologies and to make certain items available for immediate download.
Why are the NutriSTEP® questionnaires only available on Flintbox or through the Catalyst Centre at the University of Guelph?
- The distribution rights for the NutriSTEP® questionnaires have been granted to the University of Guelph through the Catalyst Centre.
- By using Flintbox, the University of Guelph can make the NutriSTEP® questionnaires available centrally and at the same time ensure that the integrity of the questionnaires is protected through a licence agreement.
What are the steps in accessing the NutriSTEP® questionnaires through Flintbox?
- Visit the Flintbox page and select 'Login' at the top right of the page.
- You will be prompted to create a Flintbox user account. Be sure to provide your complete physical address. Your account information will be sent to the email provided upon registration.
- Confirm your registration by following the link provided in the email sent to you by Flintbox and login to your new account.
- Scroll down to the 'Search' heading and type in 'NutriSTEP' under 'Find Innovations'.
- Results will show for both the Preschool and Toddler versions of the questionnaire. Select the version(s) and language(s) you wish to download.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FLINTBOX SITE TAKES SEVERAL MINUTES TO RESPOND.